Last Friday night a group of women gathered together, each carrying a different ingredient. We had 30 women all willing to eat, bake, chat in one kitchen. I don’t know about everyone else, but I was singing Jessie’s girl, Welcome to the Jungle and Forever Your girl…into the wee hours of the night. Go 80’s tunes.
What was most fun was getting to know all the ladies. Many of us see each other week to week, but conversations – well NO TIME for that, with kids, spouses, and schedules. So it was fun to get better acquainted.
Who knew that one is cousins with Cindy Crawford and we have a hitchhiker who was picked up by James Taylor? We have a few tattoos in the bunch, a Betty Crocker winner, and a physical education major. Reality TV junkies were in the mix and one could be on Fear Factor with their fear of parking garages. A BP gas station is a place to meet future husbands. And we were able to celebrate one who is 16 weeks pregnant.
Who knew all this could be learned while standing in the kitchen making desserts. It was a great night and I am looking forward to our next social event on the 27th of March.
ATTENTION MEN – I am putting a challenge out to you…what kind of events can you organize.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment