Sitting in a ICU waiting room is quite an experience. Often I have visited the ICU or hospital waiting rooms to pray with families or patients, but today I sit here because of my family. My father just had Carotid Bypass. The surgery was a success, PRAISE THE LORD, but here we sit.
I am a people watcher...I love to watch people. I wonder about them, their lives. Who are they visiting? How often have they been up here today? What was the distance they had to travel? Then in the midst of my thoughts a Code is called and the flurry begins. A family is rushed into a private waiting room, doctors and therapist rush into a room pushing carts and carrying medication. A silence hushes amongst all of us sitting near. We begin to pray. Soon a priest arrives and a doctor comes out to say the loved one, the grandmother is stable, but they will need to monitor.
Soon two kids from this family are at our feet in the cramped waiting room. They begin playing with puzzles and Lego's. Laughter and kid chatter fill the room. Isn't it marvelous the distraction kids can bring to any tense situation?
We continue to walk the long hallway to check in on dad, so happy that he is resting. Rest in a hospital room is not something that comes easily, we quietly leave so not to disturb.
This really is just a random blog....I sit with nothing but time and yet I am not able to concentrate. Random thoughts with no significance. So I just send them out to you...whoever YOU are that reads this blog.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment