Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year!

I went to bed Sunday night with glee! Back to my schedule, back to my routine, school, work, appointments, ahh my life is back to normal. How weird am I?

As much as I love the time off, needed the time off, there is something about getting back into the swing of things. I have to wonder, getting back to MY schedule, MY routine, MY life, is this the best thing for me in 2009? Hmmm, perhaps, maybe….

In Ephesians 5:15-20, it reads, So be careful how you live. Don't live like fools, but like those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. Don't act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do….And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

How can I make the most of every opportunity? Am I missing opportunities, opportunities God is trying to toss my way? Are there areas of my life that seem insignificant, or where I am feeling unfulfilled and I just need to regroup, wise up, change my ways? Suppose I embrace 2009 with my eyes wide open!

A new year brings so many prospects, if we are open and available….so I hope to be more in tuned as I go about my daily routine. I don’t want to live like a fool, but like one who is wise. I resolve to make the most of every opportunity each day. I will stop acting thoughtlessly and be open to what the Lord wants me to do…and I will give thanks for everything to my Lord and Savior. Amen.

No comments: