Wednesday, April 8, 2009

On the hunt for EASTER!

I am on the hunt for EASTER...not easter....EASTER. As I move about the day; picking up my kid from school, going to the stores, looking at the 100 ads/coupons I receive in the mail....it is all about eggs, bunnies, easter, but nothing about EASTER.

Easter is the biggest holiday for Christians, however the holiday will come and go for many of us, nothing new, nothing changed. We will take our vacations, spend time with family, share a meal, get new outfits, hunt for eggs, get big baskets, but EASTER will come and go.

Now I am just as guilty....I did go out to buy my boys new shirts. I am still on the hunt for a new outfit for me....I will provide a meal for my family....but Sunday evening when I head to bed, will I be any different?

EASTER is all about the resurrection of our Lord and Savior. Christ the Lord is Risen today! Christ's death and resurrection connects all the random pieces of our lives. Christ death and resurrection gives meaning and purpose to the peaks and valleys of our every day walks. Much of our lives - the many whys - we will never fully understand until that glorious day when we stand with Jesus in eternity. Because of the resurrection we know with all certainty it all connects to Jesus.

What difference will Jesus resurrection make in our lives? I believe it makes all the difference because the resurrection is our story. Everyday we can resurrect our lives, resurrect in HIM.

Happy EASTER!

1 comment:

Jon Morgan said...

I found your blog, Jenn! Great post... I'll join you on the hunt for EASTER! jon